Photo via: archiproducts.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- She may be the name behind some of the interiors of Paris hippest hotels, and being so eclectic, Dorothée Meilichzon is a source of inspiration for many people renovating their homes. Her interior design ideas are rich, bold and creative. A true perfectionist, and with a researcher’s mind, Dorothée is always seeking out new trends, and takes her inspiration from everything around her, which is inspiring for us too. Known for an ability to mix styles and patterns in fresh ways that lend her rooms a warm and unpretentious atmosphere, Parisian designer Dorothée Meilichzon embraces bold colour, textures, and prints in every room. Meilichzon’s intentions for her interiors have more to do with ambience than subscribing to styles or trends. In fact, she plays with lots of colours and different fabrics, instead of being loyal only to the traditional French aesthetics. Heres a selection of 10 rooms designed by Meilichzon, which surely will get you inspired. Take a look. Use occasional chairs. A great use of surplus wall space is for housing a few extra chairs. A console table between a pair of chairs with a large mirror or artwork above always looks smart, and you can pull the chairs in closer when hosting a large group. Dorothée puts the finishing touches on her historically charged decor with a few contemporary furniture. She is not seeking to create highly specialist decors, but places with a real personality, a clean atmosphere and a setting that invites people to exchange, share and make discoveries. Bold wallpaper may seem like a risky indulgence. After all, you can always brush over a too-bright hue of paint, but tearing out a wallpaper mistake is a different story. “In my work, there’s always something black and white to give geometric rigour. Sometimes it’s tiles or lights; sometimes a fabric, or a wallpaper.”, says the designer. About Dorothée Meilichzon An industrial designer, Dorothée trained at Strate College Designers and at the Rhode Island School of Design where she studied toy design. She worked in Paris for five years then decided, aged just 27, to launch her Chzon agency in 2009, establishing a name for herself with restaurant and bar projects such as Mojo in Paris and Experimental Cocktail Clubs in London and New York. She always wishes to work as closely as possible with craftsmen, to create unique pieces and to highlight hand- made creation. Decorators, joiners, marble masons and their like have all the expertise that allows them to create a unique, timeless decor that everyone can make their own. See also: 10 DREAMY BEDROOM DESIGN IDEAS BY TOP FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS 10 IMPRESSIVE LIVING ROOM IDEAS BY THE BEST FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS | Mais um site WordPress
- Classic themed nautical boys room designed by Katie Johnson. With a nautical style, it’s easy to find decor to decorate a kids room and create a classic feel. The stripes Katie painted on the walls are a perfect way to add flair to this adorable boys room. The stripes are painted with Icelandic Blue and…
- You can do something simple to add some sparkle to your life. A pleasant surprise is that you almost do not have to spend a lot of money. Am I kidding? No, that’s true and available! We can help you sparkle your life just with the material at hand. For example, you can turn an […]
- Suzie: Saudah Saleem Interiors – Chic, sophisticated teen girls bedroom with gray walls paint …
- Close up of our Archipelago hand tufted rug. Reminiscent of an autumn sun spreading its golden glow across the Swedish Archipelago.
- Need help with choosing a color palette for your bedroom? Check out our inspiration ideas and hints for selecting a gorgeous color scheme that youll love! Whether you want neutrals or bright colors, discover what color to paint your walls, and what hues your accents and accessories should be.
- British architect David Chipperfield has designed a collection of tableware with colours inspired by an Italian painter and forms inspired by ancient Korean stoneware. The Tonale range, for Italian brand Alessi, draws on the paintings of Italian artist Giorgio Morandi for its muted tones. See more David Chipperfield stories in our special category. Heres more
- Wood can add such warmth and character to a living space. I love the beautiful wood-planked walls that Ive been seeing all over Pinterest and in magazines. This sounds like a perfect indoor, January project to me! There are multiple blogs that give you step-by-step instructions on creating one of these in your home including:…
- From straight up modern to a little bit British Colonial, bedrooms by the sea rank up there with some of the most romantic imaginable. And, yes, sometimes its more about the view than the decor! Crisp and clean and so serene: Taking inspiration from the color of the sea, the addition of blue to this bedroom is spot on. If you live by the sea, walls shouldnt get in the way of your view! The padded headboard feels a little too institutional to me, but the room is still a worthy addition to the list. Modern meets British Colonial…
- PAOLA NAVONE COLLECTION Rug: PATCH A tartan where all patterns are different, stripes and smallchecks, naïve dots, small archaic sketches and neolithic signs. The inspiration comes from details of things, both far and nearby, that have travelled throughout the time and the world. The result is a mix of patterns, all different, put together without any rule to create a fanciful mosaic reminiscent of fragments of ceramics from Morocco or Sicily.
- Everyone needs a comfortable desk to work at home after office hours. There are rich assortment of desks available in various sizes, designs and materials. You can find both interesting and functional desks that will provide you an effective working space at home. We’ve gathered a collection of the most practical and original desk designs. […]
- Studio [R] Architecture – PUBLIC + COMMERCIAL – THE BAR AT THE END OF THE WHARF – Black bar + White tiles