Photo via: buzzfeed.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- She may be the name behind some of the interiors of Paris hippest hotels, and being so eclectic, Dorothée Meilichzon is a source of inspiration for many people renovating their homes. Her interior design ideas are rich, bold and creative. A true perfectionist, and with a researcher’s mind, Dorothée is always seeking out new trends, and takes her inspiration from everything around her, which is inspiring for us too. Known for an ability to mix styles and patterns in fresh ways that lend her rooms a warm and unpretentious atmosphere, Parisian designer Dorothée Meilichzon embraces bold colour, textures, and prints in every room. Meilichzon’s intentions for her interiors have more to do with ambience than subscribing to styles or trends. In fact, she plays with lots of colours and different fabrics, instead of being loyal only to the traditional French aesthetics. Heres a selection of 10 rooms designed by Meilichzon, which surely will get you inspired. Take a look. Use occasional chairs. A great use of surplus wall space is for housing a few extra chairs. A console table between a pair of chairs with a large mirror or artwork above always looks smart, and you can pull the chairs in closer when hosting a large group. Dorothée puts the finishing touches on her historically charged decor with a few contemporary furniture. She is not seeking to create highly specialist decors, but places with a real personality, a clean atmosphere and a setting that invites people to exchange, share and make discoveries. Bold wallpaper may seem like a risky indulgence. After all, you can always brush over a too-bright hue of paint, but tearing out a wallpaper mistake is a different story. “In my work, there’s always something black and white to give geometric rigour. Sometimes it’s tiles or lights; sometimes a fabric, or a wallpaper.”, says the designer. About Dorothée Meilichzon An industrial designer, Dorothée trained at Strate College Designers and at the Rhode Island School of Design where she studied toy design. She worked in Paris for five years then decided, aged just 27, to launch her Chzon agency in 2009, establishing a name for herself with restaurant and bar projects such as Mojo in Paris and Experimental Cocktail Clubs in London and New York. She always wishes to work as closely as possible with craftsmen, to create unique pieces and to highlight hand- made creation. Decorators, joiners, marble masons and their like have all the expertise that allows them to create a unique, timeless decor that everyone can make their own. See also: 10 DREAMY BEDROOM DESIGN IDEAS BY TOP FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS 10 IMPRESSIVE LIVING ROOM IDEAS BY THE BEST FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS | Mais um site WordPress
- This Pin was discovered by Fabric Images. Discover (and save!) your own Pins on Pinterest.
- This sign is hand painted on wood and can be customized to your favorite ride, character, or attraction. The top piece measures 6in high by 16in wide, the pieces below are 4in in width but vary from 14-10in wide. This piece is great for the Disney lover in you. Sealed with a matte shellac to preserve the colors without a high shine. Complete Customization Available Price will vary depending on size and design. Ships in pieces with minimum assembly required. Hooking of hooks. Comes complete with hanger on back. Please message me with any questions. Please stop by and check out our other items at https://www.etsy.com/shop/PiecesByJeanne
- Say yes to neutrals, but dont give up on drama. Using black, charcoal or a deep red – this is Opium Red from the Kelly Hoppen shutter range – in your scheme will look striking. Style ideas from www.californiashutters.co.uk
- The grey upholstered headboard in this modern bedroom almost takes up the entire wall. The angular panels have hidden lighting between them giving the bedroom a soft glow.
- A custom queen bed upholstered in Highland Courts Voltaire fits snugly in a corner of the guest room. Roman shade and bolster fabric in Schumachers Rivington Weave. Odeon chandelier, Restoration Hardware. – HouseBeautiful.com
- This Tiny House Keeps Things Separated and Open in Just 500sf – Kanga Room Systems has designed a tiny house with a unique floorplan that’s separated by a large covered porch so you can have your own space when needed or come together! The house is just over 500 square feet and is made up of a 14’x20’ living room and kitchen side and then a 14’x16’ bedroom and bathroom side all on one level.
- Were always thinking about our next great meal on a trip—and so are our readers. As part of our Readers Choice Awards survey, we asked you to rank your favorite food cities in the U.S., where the restaurants and chefs compete with the best in the world. This years winners contain some old favorites (California is well represented) and a few surprises. Dont forget to take the 2016 RCA survey and help pick next years winners.
- The master bedroom expresses texture in a much more subdued way. Layered curtains in weightless gossamer and strong tweedy fabrics offer a lovely contrast. The curtains continue alongside the desk niche for a neatly integrated look, the desk itself serving as a continuation of the open shelf that bisects the wall of cabinets.:
- Yellow Submarine Bathroom Grannys Grannyboot is a house that features rooms designed and worked on by various artists. Each room has a particular theme and look where the artists are free to run wild. This particular room, the bathroom is entitled the Gaudi Submarine.
- Grey subway tile is a stunning backdrop for white or marble look countertops in this kitchen design.
- Lamp designed by Anders Pehrson, made by Ateljé Lyktan, Sweden. Aluminum, chromed steel, leather. 1960s? H 36.2cm, W (cross bar + shade?) 57.2cm, shade dia. 22.9, shade height 8.9 cm. This one is missing a diffuser (concentric fins in white plastic), presumably.