Photo via: livedecorating.net
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Sleek hotel room! American Hotel Furniture liquidates, sells, removes, ships, and installs furniture to make your job easier for you! Call American Hotel Furniture at (800) 636-1474 or visit our website www.americanhotefurniture.net for more information!
- She may be the name behind some of the interiors of Paris hippest hotels, and being so eclectic, Dorothée Meilichzon is a source of inspiration for many people renovating their homes. Her interior design ideas are rich, bold and creative. A true perfectionist, and with a researcher’s mind, Dorothée is always seeking out new trends, and takes her inspiration from everything around her, which is inspiring for us too. Known for an ability to mix styles and patterns in fresh ways that lend her rooms a warm and unpretentious atmosphere, Parisian designer Dorothée Meilichzon embraces bold colour, textures, and prints in every room. Meilichzon’s intentions for her interiors have more to do with ambience than subscribing to styles or trends. In fact, she plays with lots of colours and different fabrics, instead of being loyal only to the traditional French aesthetics. Heres a selection of 10 rooms designed by Meilichzon, which surely will get you inspired. Take a look. Use occasional chairs. A great use of surplus wall space is for housing a few extra chairs. A console table between a pair of chairs with a large mirror or artwork above always looks smart, and you can pull the chairs in closer when hosting a large group. Dorothée puts the finishing touches on her historically charged decor with a few contemporary furniture. She is not seeking to create highly specialist decors, but places with a real personality, a clean atmosphere and a setting that invites people to exchange, share and make discoveries. Bold wallpaper may seem like a risky indulgence. After all, you can always brush over a too-bright hue of paint, but tearing out a wallpaper mistake is a different story. “In my work, there’s always something black and white to give geometric rigour. Sometimes it’s tiles or lights; sometimes a fabric, or a wallpaper.”, says the designer. About Dorothée Meilichzon An industrial designer, Dorothée trained at Strate College Designers and at the Rhode Island School of Design where she studied toy design. She worked in Paris for five years then decided, aged just 27, to launch her Chzon agency in 2009, establishing a name for herself with restaurant and bar projects such as Mojo in Paris and Experimental Cocktail Clubs in London and New York. She always wishes to work as closely as possible with craftsmen, to create unique pieces and to highlight hand- made creation. Decorators, joiners, marble masons and their like have all the expertise that allows them to create a unique, timeless decor that everyone can make their own. See also: 10 DREAMY BEDROOM DESIGN IDEAS BY TOP FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS 10 IMPRESSIVE LIVING ROOM IDEAS BY THE BEST FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS | Mais um site WordPress
- Shop SUITE NY for the Friday Lounge chair designed by Formstelle for Zeitraum and more modern solid wood lounge chairs, leather lounge chairs and contemporary E
- designboom speaks with the french designer about the lighting concept for which she wanted to present more uses for the basic clamp lamp, making it a multi-purpose…
- Modern materials mean new homes are not always made from wood. More expensive and fire-friendly than their brick or plaster rivals, wooden walls are a desirable, but not always economical, option. Keep the warmth and glow of wood inside your home, with these thirty wooden wall bedroom designs. A full-scale alternative to wooden wall décor […]
- Create unexpected and interesting wall decor with ceiling medallions. A white-on-white gallery wall is minimal yet modern when paired with Swedish-farmhouse furniture and subtle pops of color. Try using this decor hack in your home to create an eye-catching monochromatic look. Click to explore the space.
- Discover the best luxury home decor inspiration selected for your next interior design project here. For more visit luxxu.net
- Much like Victoria itself, this cottage is for the traveler who longs to be surrounded by beautiful things. With its mélange of antique furniture and modern accents, the eclectic designer decor invites you to settle in and relax. The cottage has beautifully sunlit and spacious rooms, with more than enough room for everyone.
- Whether spacious or cozy, the home entryway holds great importance in our everyday lives. Its both where we prepare to greet the day and where we are welcomed home in the evening. A well-appointed entryway can determine whether we leave the home in an anxious scramble or totally collected. Whats more, this humble setting gives visitors their first glimpse into our homes and an idea of our personal style—so why not focus our full attention on making it look its best? The entryway is a space that’s often overlooked, but just a few basic design ideas can help to integrate this transitional area into the rest of the home. The entryway is a “landing area,” so a place to sit while shedding and donning shoes and coats is a great comfort both to those who live in the home, and those who visit. Entryways can often be small, and even dark. So, it’s a good idea to strategically place mirrors and lighting in a way that opens up and brightens the space. Use your home’s entryway as an introduction to the whole house. Integrating a few features of your home’s color and artwork into your entryway will serve to orient guests to the surroundings of your hospitality. For more ideas on how to flesh out the form and function of your entryway, familiarize yourself with these seven essential entryway elements.
- This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Brita. All opinions are 100% mine. So, I go back to school in two days. TWO! I only finished my back to school shopping yesterday and that’s when I realized there are probably a ton of back to college essentials that many students forget. If you’re living in the dorms as I am, there is so much you need that most students simply don’t think of. To help out fellow students who are rushing to their local stores in a last-minute panic I wanted to provide a list of items that you need, but might not remember. I am glossing over items like notebooks, pens, and pencils because let’s be honest – if you forget those basics, then perhaps college isn’t for you. (Totally kidding, we all have our air-headed moments!) So with that said, let me quit my ramblings and present my list of necessities to you! Brita® Water Pitcher There is good chance that if you are living in the dorms that you won’t have a sink in your room – although I know some lucky ducks do get spoiled with one – but it’s not likely! I wasn’t so fortunate to have a sink… View Post
- From straight up modern to a little bit British Colonial, bedrooms by the sea rank up there with some of the most romantic imaginable. And, yes, sometimes its more about the view than the decor! Crisp and clean and so serene: Taking inspiration from the color of the sea, the addition of blue to this bedroom is spot on. If you live by the sea, walls shouldnt get in the way of your view! The padded headboard feels a little too institutional to me, but the room is still a worthy addition to the list. Modern meets British Colonial…
- Interior decorating design, ideas, inspirations, photos, DIY, home, bathrooms, kitchens, bedroom, entrances, living room, hallway and garden. (2)BetterDecoratingBible | Home, Interior Design, Interior Decorating, Tips, Ideas, Advice, remodeling, renovating, updating, arranging furniture, and Inspiration for your home! | Page 2