Photo via: studior.net.au
You may also be interested in 🙂
- She may be the name behind some of the interiors of Paris hippest hotels, and being so eclectic, Dorothée Meilichzon is a source of inspiration for many people renovating their homes. Her interior design ideas are rich, bold and creative. A true perfectionist, and with a researcher’s mind, Dorothée is always seeking out new trends, and takes her inspiration from everything around her, which is inspiring for us too. Known for an ability to mix styles and patterns in fresh ways that lend her rooms a warm and unpretentious atmosphere, Parisian designer Dorothée Meilichzon embraces bold colour, textures, and prints in every room. Meilichzon’s intentions for her interiors have more to do with ambience than subscribing to styles or trends. In fact, she plays with lots of colours and different fabrics, instead of being loyal only to the traditional French aesthetics. Heres a selection of 10 rooms designed by Meilichzon, which surely will get you inspired. Take a look. Use occasional chairs. A great use of surplus wall space is for housing a few extra chairs. A console table between a pair of chairs with a large mirror or artwork above always looks smart, and you can pull the chairs in closer when hosting a large group. Dorothée puts the finishing touches on her historically charged decor with a few contemporary furniture. She is not seeking to create highly specialist decors, but places with a real personality, a clean atmosphere and a setting that invites people to exchange, share and make discoveries. Bold wallpaper may seem like a risky indulgence. After all, you can always brush over a too-bright hue of paint, but tearing out a wallpaper mistake is a different story. “In my work, there’s always something black and white to give geometric rigour. Sometimes it’s tiles or lights; sometimes a fabric, or a wallpaper.”, says the designer. About Dorothée Meilichzon An industrial designer, Dorothée trained at Strate College Designers and at the Rhode Island School of Design where she studied toy design. She worked in Paris for five years then decided, aged just 27, to launch her Chzon agency in 2009, establishing a name for herself with restaurant and bar projects such as Mojo in Paris and Experimental Cocktail Clubs in London and New York. She always wishes to work as closely as possible with craftsmen, to create unique pieces and to highlight hand- made creation. Decorators, joiners, marble masons and their like have all the expertise that allows them to create a unique, timeless decor that everyone can make their own. See also: 10 DREAMY BEDROOM DESIGN IDEAS BY TOP FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS 10 IMPRESSIVE LIVING ROOM IDEAS BY THE BEST FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS | Mais um site WordPress
- Modern Black and White Bathroom design with subway tiles from floor to ceiling, touches of black and a mix with wood.
- They seems like quick sketches on a notebook but they are black steel chairs, designed by the Japanese studio Nendo, in exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery of London
- The Hotel room with lounge spot | HAY furniture, special black and white wallpaper and brass gold walnut cabinet and desk | Ink Hotel Amsterdam | Tried + Tested | Design Hotel | Boutique Hotel | Picture © By C-More
- Members Only; Wet bar room ideas for men, hotel, convention center, urban bar, white 3D wall paneling, brass metal wall accents, brass metal chandeliers, black leather chair, black bar
- Lotus: Arteriors, Universal Lighting and Decor, NDI and Cultural Intrigue; Seating area ideas, hotel, restaurant, bar, red white and black accents, copper or brass water fountain, brass metal accents; Asian inspired, brass metal lotus chandelier
- Lamp designed by Anders Pehrson, made by Ateljé Lyktan, Sweden. Aluminum, chromed steel, leather. 1960s? H 36.2cm, W (cross bar + shade?) 57.2cm, shade dia. 22.9, shade height 8.9 cm. This one is missing a diffuser (concentric fins in white plastic), presumably.
- Creekside cottage, Kiawah Island, SC. The Anderson Studio of Architecture & Design.
- I love CG and her BEAUTIFUL home – this is a great idea for my duvet cover, at the end of the bed.
- View this item and discover similar russian and scandinavian rugs for sale at 1stdibs – This vintage Mid-Century corridor carpet features a sleek, modern black, white and primary-color pattern created by award-winning carpet designer Gunilla
- Office Space; Arteriors, Rosenthal, Goodhope Bags and LObjet; Office idea for men, light gray walls, grey geometric carpet, contemporary, black and white abstract art, gold pointed chandelier, white leather office chair, black desk, black and gold accents, coffee bar, large window
- The P House / Studio MK27 – Marcio Kogan + Lair Reis