Photo via: sweethomehialeah.blogspot.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- She may be the name behind some of the interiors of Paris hippest hotels, and being so eclectic, Dorothée Meilichzon is a source of inspiration for many people renovating their homes. Her interior design ideas are rich, bold and creative. A true perfectionist, and with a researcher’s mind, Dorothée is always seeking out new trends, and takes her inspiration from everything around her, which is inspiring for us too. Known for an ability to mix styles and patterns in fresh ways that lend her rooms a warm and unpretentious atmosphere, Parisian designer Dorothée Meilichzon embraces bold colour, textures, and prints in every room. Meilichzon’s intentions for her interiors have more to do with ambience than subscribing to styles or trends. In fact, she plays with lots of colours and different fabrics, instead of being loyal only to the traditional French aesthetics. Heres a selection of 10 rooms designed by Meilichzon, which surely will get you inspired. Take a look. Use occasional chairs. A great use of surplus wall space is for housing a few extra chairs. A console table between a pair of chairs with a large mirror or artwork above always looks smart, and you can pull the chairs in closer when hosting a large group. Dorothée puts the finishing touches on her historically charged decor with a few contemporary furniture. She is not seeking to create highly specialist decors, but places with a real personality, a clean atmosphere and a setting that invites people to exchange, share and make discoveries. Bold wallpaper may seem like a risky indulgence. After all, you can always brush over a too-bright hue of paint, but tearing out a wallpaper mistake is a different story. “In my work, there’s always something black and white to give geometric rigour. Sometimes it’s tiles or lights; sometimes a fabric, or a wallpaper.”, says the designer. About Dorothée Meilichzon An industrial designer, Dorothée trained at Strate College Designers and at the Rhode Island School of Design where she studied toy design. She worked in Paris for five years then decided, aged just 27, to launch her Chzon agency in 2009, establishing a name for herself with restaurant and bar projects such as Mojo in Paris and Experimental Cocktail Clubs in London and New York. She always wishes to work as closely as possible with craftsmen, to create unique pieces and to highlight hand- made creation. Decorators, joiners, marble masons and their like have all the expertise that allows them to create a unique, timeless decor that everyone can make their own. See also: 10 DREAMY BEDROOM DESIGN IDEAS BY TOP FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS 10 IMPRESSIVE LIVING ROOM IDEAS BY THE BEST FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS | Mais um site WordPress
- 7 Foods to Make in Your Coffeepot. Dont act like youre not impressed. From eggs, to pasta here are 7 foods you can make in your coffeepot to save yourself time in the kitchen.
- Every bride needs a little help when it comes to planning their rustic wedding. We have a very popular feature here at Rustic Wedding Chic called Ask Maggie where we encourage our readers to send in their questions when searching for a little advice or inspiration. We thought we would share the latest one with you today! Rustic Wedding Chic Reader: I am putting together welcome bags for our guests in their hotel rooms — I want to make them fun but functional…any thoughts on what to put in them? Maggie’s Response: A welcome bag is a wonderful way for your guests to start their wedding weekend with you. I have to say I love a good welcome bag! With that said these bags don’t have to be over the top expensive or excessive to be fun, really it’s all about putting some thought into them. I say start local. Find some fun little items from the area to show off the local color. For example if you are getting married in Door County, WI, known for its cherries a little bag of chocolate covered cherries will be a great way to greet your guests. Water is essential… travelers are …
- This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Brita. All opinions are 100% mine. So, I go back to school in two days. TWO! I only finished my back to school shopping yesterday and that’s when I realized there are probably a ton of back to college essentials that many students forget. If you’re living in the dorms as I am, there is so much you need that most students simply don’t think of. To help out fellow students who are rushing to their local stores in a last-minute panic I wanted to provide a list of items that you need, but might not remember. I am glossing over items like notebooks, pens, and pencils because let’s be honest – if you forget those basics, then perhaps college isn’t for you. (Totally kidding, we all have our air-headed moments!) So with that said, let me quit my ramblings and present my list of necessities to you! Brita® Water Pitcher There is good chance that if you are living in the dorms that you won’t have a sink in your room – although I know some lucky ducks do get spoiled with one – but it’s not likely! I wasn’t so fortunate to have a sink… View Post
- I have never lived in an apartment or house with interesting bathroom mirrors. It’s always the standard rectangle hung with small clips. Which does the job, of course, but is far from exciting. I love a good mirror and pulling together this round up of beautiful ones was so fun … and made me want to demo my bathroom.
- I placed this Vintage Light Post illustration over a Vintage Narnia The Lion Witch and The Wardrobe Book Page mounted it under an 8×10 creamy white mat with an inner black border creating a unique one of a kind piece of artwork. PLEASE NOTE: Picture Frame not included. You will not receive the exact print shown. It will not go out of my mind that if we pass this post and lantern either we shall find strange adventures or else some great changes of our fortunes. —-Lucy Pevensie, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (C.S. Lewis) In The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, the lamppost functions as a beacon, showing the children the way to Narnia when the come into it from our world, and showing them the way back when they need to leave. The art print is approximately 5 x 8, the mat opening is approximately 4 x 6, the overall size of the print including the mat is 8 x 10. More Literary Inspired Art Prints here http://etsy.me/2syIyXp Click here to view all my Marvelous Makings http://etsy.me/2syPLXo I encourage you to review Shipping and Shop Policies http://etsy.me/2sRhKEw ©This is a The Quaint and The Curious Original Design
- Your search for the best vacation houses in Florida ends with Florida Dream Rents. We can help you book fully furnished homes, which are a far better option than paying heavy hotel rents for small rooms. Call us today; we are here to guide you.
- In celebration of our Show 3 exhibition which explores current themes in contemporary lighting, we hosted a small gathering entitled the Kitchen Table Talk with delicious food from Morito. Our guest speakers were Magnus Wästberg, Ilse Crawford, Jane Withers and Janet Turner who addressed an audience of architects, product and interior designers on the issues surrounding both current and future lighting practice. Themes raised include the need to appreciate …
- “A collection of vintage mirrors hang grouped in our bedroom, and an armoire built by my daddy and Ben from a door that was in my grandfather’s barn, houses his clothes. We found the old painted cedar chest at a flea market in Meridian, Mississippi. The bed linens are mismatched textures in shades of white and cream. 2 antique cameos sit perched on an old door frame above our iron bed.”
- Whether spacious or cozy, the home entryway holds great importance in our everyday lives. Its both where we prepare to greet the day and where we are welcomed home in the evening. A well-appointed entryway can determine whether we leave the home in an anxious scramble or totally collected. Whats more, this humble setting gives visitors their first glimpse into our homes and an idea of our personal style—so why not focus our full attention on making it look its best? The entryway is a space that’s often overlooked, but just a few basic design ideas can help to integrate this transitional area into the rest of the home. The entryway is a “landing area,” so a place to sit while shedding and donning shoes and coats is a great comfort both to those who live in the home, and those who visit. Entryways can often be small, and even dark. So, it’s a good idea to strategically place mirrors and lighting in a way that opens up and brightens the space. Use your home’s entryway as an introduction to the whole house. Integrating a few features of your home’s color and artwork into your entryway will serve to orient guests to the surroundings of your hospitality. For more ideas on how to flesh out the form and function of your entryway, familiarize yourself with these seven essential entryway elements.
- Item fL01 Ask her to marry you with this stunning, unique diamond engagement ring! This ring is a custom made ring. It takes 4-5 weeks from start to finish. If you need a differEnt size center diamond, just let me know. ———-DIAMOND GIVEAWAY———- We are ALWAYS giving away diamonds, so like “Beautiful Petra on Facebook and enter the current contest! http://www.facebook.com/BeautifulPetra >>>If you like it, PIN it!
- ** Check out my updated list! I made it in the form of a YouTube video!** Top 10 Must Haves for Music Festival Camping https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZybHYFNx05Y&lc=z122wtrjmzbpu3e5f04cdbpb3uags1uhzjc 1. An easy-up Canopy If you are going to bring 1 thing, bring this. I was so jealous of other camper’s nice, cool, shaded camps. Having something you can…