Photo via: pullmydreads.tumblr.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- The grey upholstered headboard in this modern bedroom almost takes up the entire wall. The angular panels have hidden lighting between them giving the bedroom a soft glow.
- She may be the name behind some of the interiors of Paris hippest hotels, and being so eclectic, Dorothée Meilichzon is a source of inspiration for many people renovating their homes. Her interior design ideas are rich, bold and creative. A true perfectionist, and with a researcher’s mind, Dorothée is always seeking out new trends, and takes her inspiration from everything around her, which is inspiring for us too. Known for an ability to mix styles and patterns in fresh ways that lend her rooms a warm and unpretentious atmosphere, Parisian designer Dorothée Meilichzon embraces bold colour, textures, and prints in every room. Meilichzon’s intentions for her interiors have more to do with ambience than subscribing to styles or trends. In fact, she plays with lots of colours and different fabrics, instead of being loyal only to the traditional French aesthetics. Heres a selection of 10 rooms designed by Meilichzon, which surely will get you inspired. Take a look. Use occasional chairs. A great use of surplus wall space is for housing a few extra chairs. A console table between a pair of chairs with a large mirror or artwork above always looks smart, and you can pull the chairs in closer when hosting a large group. Dorothée puts the finishing touches on her historically charged decor with a few contemporary furniture. She is not seeking to create highly specialist decors, but places with a real personality, a clean atmosphere and a setting that invites people to exchange, share and make discoveries. Bold wallpaper may seem like a risky indulgence. After all, you can always brush over a too-bright hue of paint, but tearing out a wallpaper mistake is a different story. “In my work, there’s always something black and white to give geometric rigour. Sometimes it’s tiles or lights; sometimes a fabric, or a wallpaper.”, says the designer. About Dorothée Meilichzon An industrial designer, Dorothée trained at Strate College Designers and at the Rhode Island School of Design where she studied toy design. She worked in Paris for five years then decided, aged just 27, to launch her Chzon agency in 2009, establishing a name for herself with restaurant and bar projects such as Mojo in Paris and Experimental Cocktail Clubs in London and New York. She always wishes to work as closely as possible with craftsmen, to create unique pieces and to highlight hand- made creation. Decorators, joiners, marble masons and their like have all the expertise that allows them to create a unique, timeless decor that everyone can make their own. See also: 10 DREAMY BEDROOM DESIGN IDEAS BY TOP FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS 10 IMPRESSIVE LIVING ROOM IDEAS BY THE BEST FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS | Mais um site WordPress
- I keep bouncing back and forth between wanting timber bench tops and some sort of white stone in the kitchen. I think this image has made my mind up for me. 😉
- Rome is an amazing city with so much history! You cant not visit Rome on a trip to Italy. I got the chance to spend a three day weekend in Rome with my
- Its time to spice up my bedroom– um, bedroom decor, that is. 😉 Ive been working on redecorating the master bedroom for awhile, slowly gathering my resources, window shopping, and taking time to to truly decide how I want the room to feel.
- Source: Magnolia Pearl I was so surprised to see that the Beautiful Magnolia Pearl Ranch in Bandera Texas owned by Robin Brown & …
- This was the kind of life I wanted to live with you. An apartment somewhere, nestled deep in the city, where we could lay in bed on sunny afternoons, all quiet and content, just us and the city and…
- This is technically an address plaque, although it is inside a hotel in Istanbul. I love the three-dimensional design here, and the illumination and shadow. This address sign / house number / whatever was just too cool not to share with you all.
- Highlight of my life when I was ten years old? Visiting the Aquajet in Coffs Harbour, NSW. Yes, in the heady days of the mid-eighties, I thought there co
- Guess what? Todays post has 2, yes 2! Cakes featured in it. I had a client approach me and ask if I could make two cakes for each of her boys birthdays. They were having a joint Hot Wheels themed birthday party. One was turning 2 and the other 5. I was more than willing…
- silent speedbird by Marc Melander – Ex British Airways Concorde G-BOAC. Low, wide angle shot of her at Manchester Airport. I was alone in the hangar with her and could almost feel a lonesome for a place I know emotion from the a…
- I arrived in Miami to find 80 degree temperatures and the nicest people at the new Miami Beach Edition Hotel. I stayed at their other hotel in London so I was excited to see how they tweaked the design for this edition. The wood and upholstery are lighter and the room feels brighter. They give […]