Photo via: pinterest.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Wood can add such warmth and character to a living space. I love the beautiful wood-planked walls that Ive been seeing all over Pinterest and in magazines. This sounds like a perfect indoor, January project to me! There are multiple blogs that give you step-by-step instructions on creating one of these in your home including:…
- Whether spacious or cozy, the home entryway holds great importance in our everyday lives. Its both where we prepare to greet the day and where we are welcomed home in the evening. A well-appointed entryway can determine whether we leave the home in an anxious scramble or totally collected. Whats more, this humble setting gives visitors their first glimpse into our homes and an idea of our personal style—so why not focus our full attention on making it look its best? The entryway is a space that’s often overlooked, but just a few basic design ideas can help to integrate this transitional area into the rest of the home. The entryway is a “landing area,” so a place to sit while shedding and donning shoes and coats is a great comfort both to those who live in the home, and those who visit. Entryways can often be small, and even dark. So, it’s a good idea to strategically place mirrors and lighting in a way that opens up and brightens the space. Use your home’s entryway as an introduction to the whole house. Integrating a few features of your home’s color and artwork into your entryway will serve to orient guests to the surroundings of your hospitality. For more ideas on how to flesh out the form and function of your entryway, familiarize yourself with these seven essential entryway elements.
- When we first moved into our house two years ago, my husband convinced me to paint a red accent wall in our living room. I’m not generally a fan of color, but I decided to trust him. Well. The color ended up being a fire engine red that did not match the rest of the…
- I placed this Vintage Light Post illustration over a Vintage Narnia The Lion Witch and The Wardrobe Book Page mounted it under an 8×10 creamy white mat with an inner black border creating a unique one of a kind piece of artwork. PLEASE NOTE: Picture Frame not included. You will not receive the exact print shown. It will not go out of my mind that if we pass this post and lantern either we shall find strange adventures or else some great changes of our fortunes. —-Lucy Pevensie, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (C.S. Lewis) In The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, the lamppost functions as a beacon, showing the children the way to Narnia when the come into it from our world, and showing them the way back when they need to leave. The art print is approximately 5 x 8, the mat opening is approximately 4 x 6, the overall size of the print including the mat is 8 x 10. More Literary Inspired Art Prints here http://etsy.me/2syIyXp Click here to view all my Marvelous Makings http://etsy.me/2syPLXo I encourage you to review Shipping and Shop Policies http://etsy.me/2sRhKEw ©This is a The Quaint and The Curious Original Design
- Modern living room ] I like the idea of having a shelf run along the back of the couch for storage and visual room divider
- If you’re looking to bring a little bit of color into your home, this DIY barn door tutorial from The Home Depot Blog is the perfect home improvement project for you. This rustic sliding barn door is as functional as it is stylish. Use a fresh coat of BEHR Paint in your favorite color to make this easy project fit in with the rest of your home’s design style.
- The Glass Wall brings in the Luxury of space flowing into The Master Bedroom connecting it to the lounge, visually. Also its Detailed to add Privacy when required.
- We spend about a third of our lives sleeping. When you spend this much time in bed its worth your while to make it as comfortable as possible. My philosophy has always been, spend the most you can afford on the things that come into contact with your body. Creating a beautiful and comfortable bed…
- Blackbird Studios| The metal rods creating the walls are a bit much but the effect is stunning. I think I prefer wood. A little softer and less dangerous. But a ceiling would be amazing and an accent wall behind reception or some more protected space.
- If you are small on space, or just don’t feel like devoting an entire room for your office, sewing, or crafting space, then the cloffice might just be the answer you are looking for! I have a few cloffices in my home. Even though I have a craft room now, I still maintain a craft …
- 8 Small Hotel Rooms That Maximize Their Tiny Space | Building the bed right into the wall of this small hotel room creates a separate sleeping space in the room and makes the living space feel a little more roomy. The built-in bed also creates a storage solution under the bed, perfect for storing shoes, bags, and whatever else you want to have put away but easily accessible.
- Interesting way to incorporate an open shower concept in a hotel room. The wood floor really warms up the space. bathroom hotel