Photo via: heavenlybloomsblog.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- She may be the name behind some of the interiors of Paris hippest hotels, and being so eclectic, Dorothée Meilichzon is a source of inspiration for many people renovating their homes. Her interior design ideas are rich, bold and creative. A true perfectionist, and with a researcher’s mind, Dorothée is always seeking out new trends, and takes her inspiration from everything around her, which is inspiring for us too. Known for an ability to mix styles and patterns in fresh ways that lend her rooms a warm and unpretentious atmosphere, Parisian designer Dorothée Meilichzon embraces bold colour, textures, and prints in every room. Meilichzon’s intentions for her interiors have more to do with ambience than subscribing to styles or trends. In fact, she plays with lots of colours and different fabrics, instead of being loyal only to the traditional French aesthetics. Heres a selection of 10 rooms designed by Meilichzon, which surely will get you inspired. Take a look. Use occasional chairs. A great use of surplus wall space is for housing a few extra chairs. A console table between a pair of chairs with a large mirror or artwork above always looks smart, and you can pull the chairs in closer when hosting a large group. Dorothée puts the finishing touches on her historically charged decor with a few contemporary furniture. She is not seeking to create highly specialist decors, but places with a real personality, a clean atmosphere and a setting that invites people to exchange, share and make discoveries. Bold wallpaper may seem like a risky indulgence. After all, you can always brush over a too-bright hue of paint, but tearing out a wallpaper mistake is a different story. “In my work, there’s always something black and white to give geometric rigour. Sometimes it’s tiles or lights; sometimes a fabric, or a wallpaper.”, says the designer. About Dorothée Meilichzon An industrial designer, Dorothée trained at Strate College Designers and at the Rhode Island School of Design where she studied toy design. She worked in Paris for five years then decided, aged just 27, to launch her Chzon agency in 2009, establishing a name for herself with restaurant and bar projects such as Mojo in Paris and Experimental Cocktail Clubs in London and New York. She always wishes to work as closely as possible with craftsmen, to create unique pieces and to highlight hand- made creation. Decorators, joiners, marble masons and their like have all the expertise that allows them to create a unique, timeless decor that everyone can make their own. See also: 10 DREAMY BEDROOM DESIGN IDEAS BY TOP FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS 10 IMPRESSIVE LIVING ROOM IDEAS BY THE BEST FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS | Mais um site WordPress
- designboom speaks with the french designer about the lighting concept for which she wanted to present more uses for the basic clamp lamp, making it a multi-purpose…
- This Paris themed bridal shower is amazing! Lots of pink and gold details! See more party planning ideas at CatchMyParty.com!
- Mad Hatter Bridal Shower | Photography: Archetype Studios| Event Design: Recollection Vintage Rentals
- Bridal shower decor, bachelorette party decor, pop clink fizz, champagne
- garden tea bridal shower | Afternoon tea parties, afternoon tea party perth | Antiquitea …
- Five Simple Bridal Shower Games That Dont Suck
- Any Color GLITTER BIRTHDAY Vintage Gold Black White Stripe 13th 21st 30 Turquoise Mint Coral Pink Peach Floral Baby Bridal Shower Invitation Baby girls first birthday gold glitter onederful year vintage invite surprise party
- A marble and pink bathroom with sweet accents like fresh blooms and the ultimate vanity station. I wish!
- old French ~ 1. to rest; 2. to stay at a given place.
- Getting ready for the Met Gala – Chanel Iman, Dolce & Gabbana lingerie. Photographed by Pablo Frisk.
- There is a reason that so many of us look to French style for inspiration – from clothing to interiors to cuisine. The French way of life simply seems to take t