Photo via: roadaffair.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Take a quick quiz to find out which fall activity you should do this weekend.
- Need help with choosing a color palette for your bedroom? Check out our inspiration ideas and hints for selecting a gorgeous color scheme that youll love! Whether you want neutrals or bright colors, discover what color to paint your walls, and what hues your accents and accessories should be.
- She may be the name behind some of the interiors of Paris hippest hotels, and being so eclectic, Dorothée Meilichzon is a source of inspiration for many people renovating their homes. Her interior design ideas are rich, bold and creative. A true perfectionist, and with a researcher’s mind, Dorothée is always seeking out new trends, and takes her inspiration from everything around her, which is inspiring for us too. Known for an ability to mix styles and patterns in fresh ways that lend her rooms a warm and unpretentious atmosphere, Parisian designer Dorothée Meilichzon embraces bold colour, textures, and prints in every room. Meilichzon’s intentions for her interiors have more to do with ambience than subscribing to styles or trends. In fact, she plays with lots of colours and different fabrics, instead of being loyal only to the traditional French aesthetics. Heres a selection of 10 rooms designed by Meilichzon, which surely will get you inspired. Take a look. Use occasional chairs. A great use of surplus wall space is for housing a few extra chairs. A console table between a pair of chairs with a large mirror or artwork above always looks smart, and you can pull the chairs in closer when hosting a large group. Dorothée puts the finishing touches on her historically charged decor with a few contemporary furniture. She is not seeking to create highly specialist decors, but places with a real personality, a clean atmosphere and a setting that invites people to exchange, share and make discoveries. Bold wallpaper may seem like a risky indulgence. After all, you can always brush over a too-bright hue of paint, but tearing out a wallpaper mistake is a different story. “In my work, there’s always something black and white to give geometric rigour. Sometimes it’s tiles or lights; sometimes a fabric, or a wallpaper.”, says the designer. About Dorothée Meilichzon An industrial designer, Dorothée trained at Strate College Designers and at the Rhode Island School of Design where she studied toy design. She worked in Paris for five years then decided, aged just 27, to launch her Chzon agency in 2009, establishing a name for herself with restaurant and bar projects such as Mojo in Paris and Experimental Cocktail Clubs in London and New York. She always wishes to work as closely as possible with craftsmen, to create unique pieces and to highlight hand- made creation. Decorators, joiners, marble masons and their like have all the expertise that allows them to create a unique, timeless decor that everyone can make their own. See also: 10 DREAMY BEDROOM DESIGN IDEAS BY TOP FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS 10 IMPRESSIVE LIVING ROOM IDEAS BY THE BEST FRENCH INTERIOR DESIGNERS | Mais um site WordPress
- Were always thinking about our next great meal on a trip—and so are our readers. As part of our Readers Choice Awards survey, we asked you to rank your favorite food cities in the U.S., where the restaurants and chefs compete with the best in the world. This years winners contain some old favorites (California is well represented) and a few surprises. Dont forget to take the 2016 RCA survey and help pick next years winners.
- These are all CUSTOM MADE, made to order. I take special care and attention to make sure this will be the best wooden letters for that special person in your life. These comic book letters are made out of 1/8 birchwood, 8 inches tall, and done in the MARVEL FONT. These are all uppercase. You can choose any name you wish. Letters come painted, with comic book paper theme, and finished with a clear coat of protection. I can do any super hero or comic book theme you like. You could have a…
- Check out the Hotels vs B infographic for more cost comparisons, including an average nights stay at hotels vs. B in New York City, Miami and other popular U.S. destinations. You just may find its time to kick the hotel habit.
- Whether spacious or cozy, the home entryway holds great importance in our everyday lives. Its both where we prepare to greet the day and where we are welcomed home in the evening. A well-appointed entryway can determine whether we leave the home in an anxious scramble or totally collected. Whats more, this humble setting gives visitors their first glimpse into our homes and an idea of our personal style—so why not focus our full attention on making it look its best? The entryway is a space that’s often overlooked, but just a few basic design ideas can help to integrate this transitional area into the rest of the home. The entryway is a “landing area,” so a place to sit while shedding and donning shoes and coats is a great comfort both to those who live in the home, and those who visit. Entryways can often be small, and even dark. So, it’s a good idea to strategically place mirrors and lighting in a way that opens up and brightens the space. Use your home’s entryway as an introduction to the whole house. Integrating a few features of your home’s color and artwork into your entryway will serve to orient guests to the surroundings of your hospitality. For more ideas on how to flesh out the form and function of your entryway, familiarize yourself with these seven essential entryway elements.
- Santa Swims with Sardines–A South Korean diver in a Santa Claus costume swims with sardines at the Coex Aquarium in Seoul, South Korea on Dec. 6, 2014
- Before you head out on your next camping trip, save a coffee can or a big plastic coffee canister to take with you. Its the perfect size for a roll of toilet paper, and with the lid on the roll will stay fresh and dry, without anyone crawling inside or the paper getting wet or soggy.
- 21 Ways to Have the Best Palm Springs Trip Ever 1. Get teppanyaki you can only access via boat At the JW Marriott (you know, the one where they filmed the Saved By The Bell episode where Jessies Dad gets married), a mini-ferry (!!!) will take you to Mikado, the superlative Japanese steak-and-seafood restaurant. Youll start literally at a dock inside the hotel lobby (wut), boat past a bunch of real-life pink flamingos, and dock in teriyaki meat heaven.
- Your search for the best vacation houses in Florida ends with Florida Dream Rents. We can help you book fully furnished homes, which are a far better option than paying heavy hotel rents for small rooms. Call us today; we are here to guide you.
- I placed this Vintage Light Post illustration over a Vintage Narnia The Lion Witch and The Wardrobe Book Page mounted it under an 8×10 creamy white mat with an inner black border creating a unique one of a kind piece of artwork. PLEASE NOTE: Picture Frame not included. You will not receive the exact print shown. It will not go out of my mind that if we pass this post and lantern either we shall find strange adventures or else some great changes of our fortunes. —-Lucy Pevensie, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (C.S. Lewis) In The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, the lamppost functions as a beacon, showing the children the way to Narnia when the come into it from our world, and showing them the way back when they need to leave. The art print is approximately 5 x 8, the mat opening is approximately 4 x 6, the overall size of the print including the mat is 8 x 10. More Literary Inspired Art Prints here http://etsy.me/2syIyXp Click here to view all my Marvelous Makings http://etsy.me/2syPLXo I encourage you to review Shipping and Shop Policies http://etsy.me/2sRhKEw ©This is a The Quaint and The Curious Original Design